Diabetes is a common health concern that can alter a patient’s lifestyle and quality of life.
Here at Gail Zimmerman, MD, we specialize in treating patients with diabetes and helping them manage their condition to best experience a happy and healthy life. Whether you are experiencing chronic fatigue, frequent urination, or suspect you may have nerve damage, we are here to help.
We provide diagnostic testing and various treatment options to help our patients manage their blood sugar levels.
For more information on diabetes and our treatment options, contact our office at (732) 899-9440.
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be a dangerous condition as those who have it typically do not display symptoms. While those with high blood pressure may not experience any pain or discomfort, their condition could still be life-threatening.
Here at Gail Zimmerman, MD, we are proud to provide services to best identify and address this issue in our patients. We can help you make the necessary lifestyle changes and prescribe medication to aid in the management of your condition and prevent stroke, heart attack, or other health complications.
For more information on high blood pressure and our treatment options, contact our office at (732) 899-9440.
There are three major types of skin cancer: basal cell cancer, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. Each of these skin cancers is primarily caused by too much exposure to the sun, but genetics may also play a role in increasing your risk for skin cancer.
- Creams: If caught early enough, certain skin cancers can be treated with medicated creams and ointments that can be applied at home or in our office.
- Excision: Excisions cut out the tumor and affected area to make sure the cancer is entirely removed from your body. This procedure can be done in our office with the use of numbing cream or local anesthetic.
- Cryosurgery: This procedure is similar to wart removal where we apply liquid nitrogen to the affected area to freeze the tissue, causing the cancer cells to die.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is used to destroy cancer cells and can be administered either through intravenous therapy (IV) or in oral pill form.
- Radiation therapy: Uses high doses of radiation to kill cancer cells or shrink the size of tumors.
- Targeted therapy: Medication that targets and kills the cancer’s genes, proteins, and the tissues that contribute to cancer’s growth.
The earlier you detect skin diseases or potential skin cancers, the more treatment options and higher success rates you will have. For more information on melanomas or to request an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us today at (732) 899-9440.